What’s infinite is renewable and what’s exhaustible is non-renewable. That’s the matter of truth with energy resources too. Whatever sources of energy are available in abundance are renewable energy resources – sun, wind, water, and biomass. The ones that can go extinct or are replaced at a painfully slow pace are non-renewable resources – fossil fuels.
When it comes to energy comparison between them two, there’s a matter of preference and another of benefit.
Fossil fuels in this case are the preference but their benefits are lesser than the benefits of renewable energy resources. That’s what we are going to explore in the guide below – Why should renewable energy resources be utilized more frequently?
1. They Won’t Exhaust
There’s going to be a day when fossil fuels will cease to exist. What then? How’ll there be sufficient energy to run machines and generate electricity? People can conveniently suggest using renewable resources when that happens. There’s a catch though – the shift from non-renewable to renewable resources is a lengthy procedure that will take time.
Thus, it’s already about time to start making inexhaustible energy resources a preference over the exhaustible resources.
2. They Are Safer
Renewable energy resources are safer than non-renewable resources in a number of ways.
- They protect the environment.
- They do not release toxic substances in the air or water.
- They won’t cease to exist.
- They will not lead to global warming or ozone depletion.
3. They Are Dependable
It’s a myth that only fossil fuels can produce sufficient energy to run a turbine to generate power. However, the force of nature and natural resources is sufficient as well.
- Water produces enough energy to run a turbine. Hydroelectric power is enough to light up an entire city.
- Solar batteries, solar water heaters, and solar cars are the future.
4. They Will Be Economical in The Long Run
It’s arguable that switching to renewable energy resources will require more investment. However, their cost of maintenance is so low that it will be a profitable business in the long run. Besides, the future will be good in a lot of ways.
- Renewable power resources will require more manpower than machines. This will create more jobs.
- Renewable resources are readily available everywhere. Thus, there’ll be no delay in the production and storage of energy. As a result, prices for energy bills will come down substantially.
Now, talking in terms of abundance, renewable resources are abundant. Therefore, they are and will be sufficient to meet the requirements of energy consumption for everyone.
Further, the energy comparison between renewable and non-renewable resources also reveals that fossil fuels dangerously interact with nature in an explosive manner that is slowly harming humans. How?
- Acid rain is a result of pollution caused by fossil fuels.
- Uranium, the widely used exhaustible fuel, manages maximum energy requirement. However, it is poisonous and a radioactive substance. Besides, it is a herculean task to preserve it.
By the by, renewable energy can be recycled and reused. The resources that you’ll find in use in the future include:
- Wind power
- Biomass energy
- Geothermal energy
- Biomass energy